This map compiles all of the cartographic lessons and theories we have been introduced to throughout this semester. The final project gave us an option to choose our topic. Here we have a map that depicts the overall mean SAT score from every state in the continental U.S as well as the participation rates. Both of these values are symbolized on the map, one being classified by color the other by symbol size. The project required me to create a csv spreadsheet in excel and export that table to ArcPro. From there I joined the table to my U.S boundaries layer. I was able to create a classified symbology that groups scores by color. The participation rates came from the same data, provided by UWF GIS. This data was included in the .csv I created. Overall this project was rewarding because there is so much included in one man. It is a happy day for me, pressing this publish button for my final blog post of the semester. I hope everybody has a happy holiday!
Monday, December 10, 2018
SAT Scores and Participation Rates | Final Project
This map compiles all of the cartographic lessons and theories we have been introduced to throughout this semester. The final project gave us an option to choose our topic. Here we have a map that depicts the overall mean SAT score from every state in the continental U.S as well as the participation rates. Both of these values are symbolized on the map, one being classified by color the other by symbol size. The project required me to create a csv spreadsheet in excel and export that table to ArcPro. From there I joined the table to my U.S boundaries layer. I was able to create a classified symbology that groups scores by color. The participation rates came from the same data, provided by UWF GIS. This data was included in the .csv I created. Overall this project was rewarding because there is so much included in one man. It is a happy day for me, pressing this publish button for my final blog post of the semester. I hope everybody has a happy holiday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Module 7: Working with Rasters
This assignment was much more simple to me than our last previous few. It was more straightforward and I only struggled at the end. We wer...
-
This weeks lab focused on us utilizing arcmap to use some different classification techniques. We used census data and isolated the 65 and ...
-
This week we used the Ordianary Least Squares tool to comare relationships between the fields that were chosen(29). We used 6 different ch...
-
This week consisted of playing a round with different classifications for data such as Natural breaks, equal interval, and quantile. Each...

No comments:
Post a Comment